“1,000 Dreamers-1,000 Leaders” is a binational program created with the goal of empowering the Dreamer population in the US and Mexico. This program is designed to take place over a 5 year period, benefiting 200 Dreamers each year by providing them with personalized one-on-one mentoring, online training to develop key soft skills and networking opportunities.
The program offers:
- One year of personalized one-on-one mentoring by an experienced professional committed to guide and prepare Dreamers towards the start of their professional careers
- Online training content to develop key soft skills required for professional success
- Networking events to provide Dreamers with the opportunity to meet additional mentors and build professional contacts as well as fellow Dreamers.
- Alumni Network to build an active and engaged community of Dreamers and Mentors
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Willingness to engage network of professional contacts in support of their mentee
- Sensitivity to the challenges faced by Dreamers
- Commitment to meet with mentee at least once a month during the year-long program
- Students currently enrolled in a higher education institution expecting to graduate during or after the 2016-2017 academic year
- Reside in the United States or Mexico
- Self-identify as a Dreamer or Undocumented Immigrant of Latino origin
- Commitment to meet with mentor at least once a month during the year-long program
- Commitment to complete the Program’s training modules and attend networking events
- Submit an online application to participate in the program
The deadline to apply is February 22, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: 1,000 Dreamers – 1,000 Leaders
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)