By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
“1,000 Dreamers-1,000 Leaders” is a binational program created with the goal of empowering the Dreamer population in the US and Mexico. This program is designed to take place over a 5 year period, benefiting 200 Dreamers each year by providing them with personalized one-on-one mentoring, online training to develop key soft skills and networking opportunities.
The program offers:
- One year of personalized one-on-one mentoring by an experienced professional committed to guide and prepare Dreamers towards the start of their professional careers
- Online training content to develop key soft skills required for professional success
- Networking events to provide Dreamers with the opportunity to meet additional mentors and build professional contacts as well as fellow Dreamers.
- Alumni Network to build an active and engaged community of Dreamers and Mentors
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Willingness to engage network of professional contacts in support of their mentee
- Sensitivity to the challenges faced by Dreamers
- Commitment to meet with mentee at least once a month during the year-long program
- Students currently enrolled in a higher education institution expecting to graduate during or after the 2016-2017 academic year
- Reside in the United States or Mexico
- Self-identify as a Dreamer or Undocumented Immigrant of Latino origin
- Commitment to meet with mentor at least once a month during the year-long program
- Commitment to complete the Program’s training modules and attend networking events
- Submit an online application to participate in the program
The deadline to apply is February 22, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: 1,000 Dreamers – 1,000 Leaders
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.