By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Fiesta del Sol Scholarship Program offers an opportunity for students to receive $1,500 for their college expenses. Students will also have an opportunity to exercise leadership skills, and learn relationship building and teamwork, by participating in the Fiesta Sol planning. The University Round Table encourages first time college students and OR undergraduates to apply for this 2016/17 school year scholarship regardless of their immigration status.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Be of Latino/Hispanic descent
- Have plans to enroll in an accredited college or university in an undergraduate, degree or certificate program for minimal of 6 semester hours or 8 quarter hours.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4 point scale or its equivalence.
And, one of the following:
- Live on the southwest side of Chicago within the following boundaries: Between 16th to 79th streets, and between Cicero Ave., (4800 West) and Canal (500 West)
- Be a volunteer in a Fiesta del Sol committee
- Sponsored by member institution of Gamaliel of Metro Chicago.
The deadline to apply is March 24, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: 2016 Fiesta del Sol Scholarship Program
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships