The Fiesta del Sol Scholarship Program offers an opportunity for students to receive $1,500 for their college expenses. Students will also have an opportunity to exercise leadership skills, and learn relationship building and teamwork, by participating in the Fiesta Sol planning. The University Round Table encourages first time college students and OR undergraduates to apply for this 2016/17 school year scholarship regardless of their immigration status.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Be of Latino/Hispanic descent
- Have plans to enroll in an accredited college or university in an undergraduate, degree or certificate program for minimal of 6 semester hours or 8 quarter hours.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4 point scale or its equivalence.
And, one of the following:
- Live on the southwest side of Chicago within the following boundaries: Between 16th to 79th streets, and between Cicero Ave., (4800 West) and Canal (500 West)
- Be a volunteer in a Fiesta del Sol committee
- Sponsored by member institution of Gamaliel of Metro Chicago.
The deadline to apply is March 24, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: 2016 Fiesta del Sol Scholarship Program
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: College Scholarships