By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The DreamSF Fellowship is an opportunity for DACA beneficiaries to serve San Francisco’s immigrant communities while gaining paid professional experience and training. DreamSF Fellows will work 20 hours per week with an immigrant-serving nonprofit or public organization. The fellowship will run from May 31-December 16, 2016.
As a DreamSF Fellow, you will receive:
- Valuable, paid professional work experience
- Each DreamSF Fellow will receive a stipend of $8,400 over the duration of the program as well as a monthly transportation stipend.
- Professional skill development and leadership training
- Individual mentoring
- Opportunities to network with influential leaders in San Francisco’s nonprofit and public service communities
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- DACA Approval from USCIS or equivalent work authorization
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with English and non or limited-English speakers
- Ability to develop and retain knowledge of city policies, services and programs
- Ability to use basic technologies for communications and documentation
- Desire to serve the public and immigrant communities
- Flexibility, initiative, creativity and imagination
The deadline to apply is April 17, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: DreamSF Fellowship
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.