The Young American Dreamers (YAD) organization is awarding two scholarships, first prize is $500.00 and second prize is $250.00.
To be eligible, you must be:
- Graduating high school senior OR currently enrolled in college
- Current resident of Polk, Florida or one of it’s surrounding counties (Desoto, Hardee, Highlands,Hillsborough, Lake, Manatee, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Seminole, or Sumter)
- 2.5 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
They also have another scholarship of $1,000 in honor of Maria Isabel, YAD’s founder. Here are the eligibility requirements for this opportunity:
- Must be under the age of 25
- Must be currently enrolled in college/university
- Must be an ACTIVE member of an organization the works toward charity, social justice, or community service
- Have a minimum GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Copy of official transcripts
- Two letters of Recommendation (one from the organization)
- Write a short essay
- Be applying scholarship to an institute of higher education in Polk, Hillsborough, or Orange County
The deadline to apply to these scholarship opportunities is July 30, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “Young American Dreamers”
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: College Scholarships