By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Latino Medical Student Association is offering scholarships to support high school and college freshman students who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine. Students are eligible to receive the scholarship regardless of immigration or citizenship status, as long as the university they attend will allow them to enroll and register for classes.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be committed to pursuing a career in medicine and dedicated to serving the Latino and underserved communities.
- Should demonstrate a desire to advance the state of healthcare and education in Latino and underserved communities through leadership in extracurricular activities and/or membership in civic organizations.
- Must be High School Senior OR freshmen at 4-year university during the 2015-16 academic year.
- Must be a resident or attending school within the LMSA-West region states (Arizona, California, Oregon, Utah, Washington)
- Must be a dues-paying pre-med member of LMSA-West.
The deadline to apply is May 31, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “Latino Medical Student Association Scholarship”
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships