The Latino Medical Student Association is offering scholarships to support high school and college freshman students who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine. Students are eligible to receive the scholarship regardless of immigration or citizenship status, as long as the university they attend will allow them to enroll and register for classes.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be committed to pursuing a career in medicine and dedicated to serving the Latino and underserved communities.
- Should demonstrate a desire to advance the state of healthcare and education in Latino and underserved communities through leadership in extracurricular activities and/or membership in civic organizations.
- Must be High School Senior OR freshmen at 4-year university during the 2015-16 academic year.
- Must be a resident or attending school within the LMSA-West region states (Arizona, California, Oregon, Utah, Washington)
- Must be a dues-paying pre-med member of LMSA-West.
The deadline to apply is May 31, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “Latino Medical Student Association Scholarship”
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: College Scholarships