By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
TheDream.US recently launched their Opportunity Scholarship Program, which provides scholarships (for up to $80,000 over four years) to undocumented students with DACA or TPS who reside in “locked-out” states where they are either barred from attending college or required to pay out-of-state tuition. This scholarship is available to high school seniors or high school graduates who seek to earn a bachelor’s degree at Eastern Connecticut State University or Delaware State University.
If selected for this scholarship, you will not need to apply for admission to Eastern Connecticut State University or Delaware State University. TheDream.US Opportunity Scholarship Application will be used for both scholarship selection and college admission.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Live in and have graduated from a high school in a targeted locked-out state;
- Have earned a high school GPA of 2.8 or higher on 4.0 scale;
- Must have taken the SAT or ACT;
- Not currently enrolled in college (other than in a high school pre-college or dual enrollment program);
- Intend to relocate to and enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at Eastern Connecticut State University or Delaware State University in the Fall term of the 2016-2017 academic year;
- Have come to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
- Be DACA or TPS eligible and have applied for or received DACA or TPS approval; and
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need.
The deadline to apply is June 9, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: The Dream.US Opportunity Scholarship
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships