The New York State Youth Leadership Council (NYSYLC) is an undocumented youth-led organization in New York. This year, they are awarding scholarships to help support youth pursue their higher education.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Residing in NYC and attending or planning to attend a NY school;
- Be a graduating high school senior, have a High School or GED/HSE/TASC™ diploma and planning to attend college in the Spring; OR current undergraduate student;
- Be actively engaged, or wishes to be engaged, in social justice causes;
- Be recommended by an educator, peer, community member, or religious leader;
- Be able to volunteer 10 hours with the NYSYLC;
- Be able to attend an awards ceremony in NYC (details TBD)
Note: “Priority will be given to students with limited or no means to obtain financial aid for college. Awardees will be selected based on community involvement, financial need and commitment to the immigrant rights movement. A small emphasis will be placed on academic achievement.”
The deadline to apply is November 4, 2016
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: 2016 NYSYLC Scholarship
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: College Scholarships