By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Ford Foundation is committed to increasing the diversity of the country’s college and university faculties by increasing their ethnic and racial diversity, to maximize the educational benefits of diversity, and to increase the number of professors who can and will use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students. Their Pre-Doctoral fellowship opportunity offers an annual stipend of $24,000, expenses paid to attend at least one Conference of Ford Fellows, as well as access to Ford Fellow Regional Liaisons, a network of former Ford Fellows who have volunteered to provide mentoring and support to current fellows.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- All U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card), as well as individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program, political asylees, and refugees, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation,
- Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors, or other designations),
- Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level,
- Individuals enrolled in or planning to enroll in an eligible research-based (dissertation-required), program leading to a Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree at a non-proprietary (not for profit) U.S. institution of higher education,
- Individuals who as of the 2018 fall semester require a minimum of three years of study to complete their Ph.D./Sc.D. degree, and
- Individuals who have not earned a doctoral degree at any time, in any field.
The deadline to apply is December 14, 2017
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: Ford Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowship
Make sure to bookmark and share our more general Post-Election Information page which contains other relevant information and resources.
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook and subscribe to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page (or scroll down if you are visiting from your phone).
Categories: Grad School Scholarships