John Jay College (a senior college of the City University of New York) is hiring an Immigrant Student Success Manager to lead the New America Student Support Center, which seeks to provide academic and social support for students who may be undocumented, immigrants with DACA or TPS, or who are members of mixed-status families. The ISS Manager will be in charge of implementing programming to assist students in overcoming the unique academic, career, personal, and professional challenges they may encounter while in college.
Qualifications for this job include:
“- Bachelor’s degree.
– Experience working with immigrant and undocumented populations either in an educational institution or in the community and an understanding of challenges facing immigrant and undocumented students.
– Experience working with underrepresented and/or first generation students and a strong understanding of student support and academic services in higher education.
– Knowledge of trends and issues facing immigrant, low-income and first-generation college, underrepresented, and disadvantaged students in higher education.
– Knowledge and familiarity with current and/or developing trends in local, state and national laws and policies related to immigration and undocumented communities.
– Knowledge and experience in analyzing problems and identifying solutions; skills and experience in developing and administering programs including general and cultural programming, program evaluation and design of outcome measures and data collection/maintenance and reporting.
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies including urban college students, faculty, and administrators.
– Excellent presentation skills; ability to represent the college to external organizations.
– Outstanding organizational skills; excellent oral and written communication skills.”
Deadline: Review of resumes to begin January 2, 2018. Posting closes on January 10, 2018.
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: John Jay College
Don’t forget to visit our website http://www.MyUndocumentedLife.org from your computer (not just mobile phone) so you can have access to the wide range of resources we provide. Be sure to subscribe (it’s free) for up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants.
At My Undocumented Life blog we provide up-to-date information and resources to undocumented immigrants. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA, news on immigration policies, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers.