The Point Foundation is committed to empowering lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students to achieve their full academic and leadership potential. They are the nation’s largest scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) students. They recently announced this year’s scholarship opportunity. Point’s application is open to all college students regardless of citizenship status. Point states the following on their FAQ section: “Does Point provide scholarships to undocumented students? Yes, as stated above regarding international students, Point’s application process is open to all college students regardless of citizenship. Undocumented students are eligible and will be reviewed as international students.”
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- “Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, in the fall of 2018. Students enrolled or intending to enroll in a college or university in a United States territory are NOT eligible.
- Must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community.
- Must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/ doctoral program. Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible.
- Students studying at community colleges, online programs, or trade schools, are NOT eligible. [But, if you are a community college student, check out their Community College Scholarship
- Community college students must be transferring to a four-year college or university.
- Must be at least a senior in high school.
- If selected as a finalist, the finalist must be in North or Central America on April 26-28 and be available to fly to Los Angeles in order to remain eligible for the scholarship. All travel expenses will be covered by Point.”
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: Point Foundation Scholarship
The deadline to apply is January 29 at 11:59pm PST.
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“