The Undocumented Student Services (USS) program at the University of California Santa Barbara is currently hiring a Director who will work directly with students in undocumented and mixed-status families to provide support, counseling, and programming. Among other responsibilities, the Director “conducts assessment and evaluation of student and campus education needs, and program efficacy. Provides support services, counseling, advising, referral and mentorship.” The salary range for this position is $60,000 – $70,000 annually.
The minimum requirements for this job position include:
- “Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of professional experience in a higher education setting or a related field, working with immigrant communities.
- Must be knowledgeable of policies related to immigration and hold subject matter expertise on undocumented students’ needs and issues.
- Must be knowledgeable of federal, state and UC policies relevant to undocumented and mixed status students and student development theory.
- Exercise professional judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and sensitivity.”
The priority deadline to apply is February 1, 2021
To learn more and apply, please visit their website for more information: Director at USS, UC Santa Barbara (job number: 14614)
Please note that this job opportunity was first posted by UC Santa Barbara. The link to this opportunity may not work after the deadline has passed.
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Leave a Reply