The Undocumented Student Programs at UC Riverside is hiring a Program Coordinator who will provide “individual services to undocumented/AB540/DACA students. Services may include academic needs assessment, developing individual study plans, recognizing and addressing academic and non-academic barriers to academic success, and counseling on other aspects that may affect student retention and graduation. The coordinator designs, updates, and implements campus educational programs and services specific for undocumented students. The coordinator serves as a subject matter expert pertaining to AB130/131/540, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), and federal immigration laws and policies. The coordinator provides appropriate training, workshops, and resources for administrators, faculty, staff, and students.” The salary for this position ranges from “$44,300 – $62,600”
The minimum requirements for this position are the following:
- ” Interpersonal skills.Knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs.
- Abilities in problem identification, reasoning.
- Knowledge of University processes and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
- Skills in service orientation, active listening, critical thinking.
- Ability to multi-task, verbal communication, written communication and organization skills.
- Understanding of University rules and regulations.
- General knowledge of student affairs/student life specialization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of undocumented student issues relevant to student programming.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including students from different cultural backgrounds, as well as faculty, staff, parents, alumni, and community members.
- Knowledge on California state bills pertaining to undocumented students? access to higher education, such as AB 540, AB130, AB130, etc.
- Strong understanding of the services and resources available for undocumented students.
- Ability to stay informed of the rapidly evolving legal and political immigration landscape.
- Knowledge of the undocumented student issues through programming, resource management or other professional activities.”
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: Program Coordinator, UC Riverside
Please note that this job opportunity was first posted by UC Riverside. The link to this opportunity may not work after the deadline has passed.
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)