By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Adsum Education Foundation is awarding scholarships (ranging from $1,000 to $5,000) to graduating high school seniors, as well as to community college and four-year university students. Preference will be given to undocumented students.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Recipients must have attended at least 4 years between grades 7-12 in a Santa Barbara County school. In addition, you must have graduated from a Santa Barbara County high school by the end of June 2016.
- Recipients must be full-time students during the 2016-2017 academic year at any California Community College, California State University, or University of California campus.
- Recipients cannot be eligible for any of the following forms of federal financial aid: all Federal Grants, Federal Work-Study, and Federal Loans.
To be considered for this scholarship, you need to submit the following:
- A complete application
- High School transcripts (unofficial is acceptable)
- College transcripts if the student has attended college (unofficial is acceptable)
- Academic Letter of Recommendation: Any teacher or school official from your high school or college may write this letter.
- Character Reference/Letter of Recommendation: You may ask any adult not related to you to write this letter. Examples: employer, coach, club advisor, religious official, or mentor.
The deadline to apply is January 31, 2016.
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: Adsum Education Foundation
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships