By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Salvadoran American Leadership and Educational Fund (SALEF) is an organization in Los Angeles, California that works to promote the civic participation and representation of the Salvadoran and other Latino communities in the U.S. Every year, SALEF awards scholarships to Salvadoran and other Latino students (awards range from $1,000 to $3,000). They recently announced this year’s scholarship opportunity. Note: “SALEF Scholarship is open to all qualifying students regardless of immigration status. AB 540 students are encouraged to apply”.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be of Central American or other Latino ethnicity
- Applicants must demonstrate proven financial need
- Applicants must possess a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Applicants must demonstrate a history of community involvement with proof
- Applicants must be:
- Pursuing any Associate Degree
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or
- Pursuing a Masters or Ph.D
- Applicants must be either:
- Graduating High School seniors
- Current undergraduate, graduate, medical, MPH, MD, or Dentistry
- Community college students
- Vocational/Trade school
The deadline to apply is May 31, 2017
For more information and to apply, please visit their official online application: SALEF- The Dream Scholarship Fund
Make sure to bookmark and share our more general Post-Election Information page which contains other relevant information and resources.
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook and subscribe to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page (or scroll down if you are visiting from your phone).